Monday 24 February 2014

DESIGN PRODUCTION 2 - STUDIO BRIEF 1 - CONTENT ORGANISATION

CONTENT ORGANISATION 

After collecting a body of research into ORMUS and alchemy I started to analyse the collected information to see what data is needed to successfully educate users about the subject. The booklet will focus on the ORMUS substance, its history, uses and briefly reference the relevance of alchemy and how the two topics are linked.

Before I could start writing up the content for my outcome I first needed to analyse all research and highlight the areas of information needed to successfully introduce the outlined audience  to the research topics. 


IMPORTANT INFORMATION;

As I reviewed the research collected for the project I noted down important points of information and organised a rough content, this was an essential part of the project as I was limited to using 16 pages. Therefore careful consideration was given to define information essential to successfully understanding the subject matter.





Next, I analysed the content list and created a more detailed version that lists individual aspects of information that will be included in each section. 


Disclaimer;

  • Outlining that there is no institutionally directed research supporting claims.
  • Information for educational purposes only. 
  • Use the book as the basis for your own focused research.



An Introduction to Ormus;
  • Introduction - Definition/explanation of what ormus is.
  • Varying terminology used - ORMUS, ORME, The Philosophers Stone, Manna.
  • David Hudson - Briefly introduce re-discovery.


Ormus History;
  • The modern day discovery of ORMUS
  • Historical usage - Ancient Egypt, Greece, biblical.


Ormus & Alchemy;
  • Introduction to alchemy.
  • Alchemical practice - spiritual process, enlightenment, metal transmutation. 
  • Ormus & Alchemy link - Philosophers stone - helps reach enlightenment. 


Ormus uses & applications;
  • What it is believed to do in detail - spiritual, physical, mental. 
  • Ormus material properties - levitation, resistance to magnets, change in weight. 
  • Dangers of taking ORMUS - research not all there - no institutional research.


Scientific Support;
  • Introduction - biased/unbiased information, why there is no institutional research. 
  • Supporting scientific data/research.


Conclusion;
  • Brief summary of information.


CONTENT WRITE-UP

After forming the list of points and information that the booklet will cover I started writing up the content, using the list displayed above as a writing guide. Once completed I was in a position to start digitally rendering my booklet.

Due to the extensive nature of the research topic I found it very hard to summarise all of the important aspects of research needed to completely understand the challenging topic. Therefore, once I had finished writing the content to a satisfactory level the word count came to just over 4000 words. Fitting that much content into my 16-page booklet could pose a challenge, especially when I am aiming to create an engaging layout formed from a balance of text and imagery. 





Once I had finished writing the content I went through the text and highlighted information essential to the successful understanding of the topics covered by my research. The final word count of the highlighted text came to 2304.





CONCLUSION

No comments:

Post a Comment